Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Vintage Botany

OH MY GOSH... I am so excited... The new kit at Club Scrap this month is - yep, title gives it away - Vintage Botany and is it ever cool!  You all know how much I love everything vintage, well this kit is PERFECT IMO. It is so stinkin cool...  Now I've only seen photos of the kit contents so far but I was able to play with the digital hybrid kit yesterday and this is what I made....


Aren't they wicked?  These images are all on one "sheet" from the Vintage Botany Digital Hybrid Kit.  Although I've never printed on watercolor paper before I thought I'd give it a shot to see how it turned out.  I had a bit of trouble feeding it through my printer but when I finally figured it out it printed just fine...next step, to see how the ink would hold up with various mediums.  I'm happy to say it worked perfectly!


See for yourself....


This is my vintage daisy - I used Prismacolor colored pencils for this image. After I was finished coloring I flicked on a couple colors of green watercolor paint then added some pen work. Since this image was a bit more narrow than the other images I added a piece of gold washi tape to the edge of the card to help center it a bit.



LOVE this image!  Vintage cabbage roses - one of my fav's.  This image was watercolored using Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors.  Love how it turned out. I flicked on a bit of copper watercolor once finished.



For the poppies I used my Stabilo Pastel Pencils.  They blended so nicely on the paper.  Afterwards to pull all of the images together I again flicked on a bit of watercolor and added pen work stitches.



Finally my "make a wish" card was colored using a wash of various blues and a touch of black. I flicked on blue and metallic silver watercolor after it had dried.  I did something a bit different with this pen work by adding a tiny heart, a small dot (along the top) and a hand-written sentiment along the bottom. 



Ya know it's harder to get a nice looking wash than you'd think...


All in all I love how the printed images worked on the watercolor paper.
The printer ink preformed FAR better than I would have imagined.
So very tickled, this opens up a whole new world of ideas.

Hope you like this fun sneak peek at the new Vintage Botany kit...
Can't wait to get my hands on the "real thing" so I can stamp/craft up a storm.

Happy Day Friends!
Stay Inky :)

8 comments:

  1. Roni these are are just lovely! Your watercoloring skills are on point! I have a set of the Gansai Tambi watercolors too and they are my go to set. Such rich colors! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Roni. I never tried watercolour paper through my printer.
    The result is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Roni! Wonderful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Roni! I never even thought about watercolor paper through the printer. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love your cards, they are just fab and very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!