Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Faux Batik

Each month the Artist Team at Club Scrap given a challenge...it could be a kit challenge, theme or even a technique challenge which is what we have this month. The technique is Faux Batik! I love this technique, there are so many variations but they all leave you with beautiful results.








My cards were created using 2 different methods...  The first set of cards were made using the traditional method of layering stamped n embossed images with color.  After I was finished adding images and color I ironed to remove all of the embossing.



The second technique I used was a bit more complicated.  I was experimenting and came up with this idea.  For this example I spritzed on a bit of Sky Blue Fireworks spray. I then stamped the dragonflies and embossed with clear EP.  I then colored the wings with a darker Fireworks spray and colored the bodies with markers.  After that ink had dried I used a VersaMark pen to color just the areas I had colored - the wings and body.  Sprinkled on EP and embossed.


Next I added more color using Dandelion Fireworks! I know it looks green here but it was very much the gold you see in the highlights.  I then embossed flowers, and colored them in with markers, then VersaMark pen and embossed each flower a 2nd time to seal in the marker coloring.


After all of that embossing I spritzed the final coat of color then ironed off all of the embossed areas leaving the results you see above!  It's a time consuming process but it resulted in some really unique and lovely finished cards.

Hope you've enjoyed what I have to share with you...
Your next stop on the hop is


and if you get lost along the way you can find the complete list here 


Supplies:

Club Scrap.com - Color Me Happy cardstock, pattern paper, rubber stamps, Cut-A-Parts
Imagine - Embossing Powder, VersaMark Ink Pad, VersaMark Pen, Fireworks! dye spray, Memento Markers, Memento Dye Inks

15 comments:

  1. WoWza !! Totally cool :-) What a fun technique. I might give that a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am familiar with this technique, but I am not sure I have ever actually tried it. Your examples are all really lovely, but I am a bit partial to the new technique you made up! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your techniques are wonderful! I love your details in your explanations, very easy to follow along! Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful. I'm particlarly fond of the first card. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great methods! The second one may be a bit time-consuming, but maybe if you did a full 8.5x11 or 12x12, you could trim out enough panels to really spread out all that hard work. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun and leaves paper you made is to die for. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. This stamp set was perfect for these techniques

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Roni, I absolutely LOVE those dragonflies, and how you did that technique on them! Gorgeous work hun!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love this technique and your cards are so pretty! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe time consuming but well worth it! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards, Roni and love all the different colors.
    Great experimentin and wonderful results.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! The pink and blue ones are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Awesome techniques! Love how rich they all look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your Faux Batik techniques- your cards are beautiful. I LOVE the last experiment piece- bet it is brilliant IRL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!