Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Triple Challenge!

Woo hoo... this is the first time I've ever tried to combine 3 challenges in one.  Normally I work on one at a time - it's easier and it doesn't take as much thought - LOL!!  But I decided to challenge myself by attempting 3 at once.

Here is the card I made (sorry I forgot to take in the process photos - long day at work left my mind fried).

(all stamps - Just For Fun Stamps)

I am so happy with how it turned out!  

The first challenge was CanYouCaseIt - Fall Challenge  which hey, I can do that easy. 

The next challenge was make a card with a window - with something stamped behind the window.  That's where the corn swag comes in  (fall - yep!).  

The third challenge was paper piecing an image which is where the fun begins.  I stamped the initial image on white cardstock and colored the corn with my Chameleon pens.  I then stamped the image 6 more times on different pieces of paper I made using the Gelli Plate!  Each piece was cut and layered so it all fit back together in proper order. I was surprised how dimensional it ended up being. I then water colored the background with Color Burst powers.  

The window was cut out of yet another piece I made using the Gelli Plate, die-cut and added to the card with double stick foam tape.  The banner was stamped on brown cardstock, trimmed and inked around the edges.  It is also adhered to the card with double stick foam tape.  A few dots of Bronze irRESISTible Pico Embellisher finished it all off.

So there you have it!  I did it AND I used lots of Gelli Plate prints in the process.  I'd say it was a successful venture.  How many challenges have you combined?

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges....

CYCI#93


and

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Roni! I love that paper pieced corn swag! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Roni!!!
    Great Triple Challenge card! =)
    Nice to see you at House of Cards!
    Thank you for joining us!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, fabulous card, love the corn, and all the work you put into it! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever and intricate paper-piecing and a stunning image.
    We do like to see a little more 'white space' on our CAS cards but thanks so much for sharing.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! a masterpiece! I love your beautiful fall card. Thanks for joining us at CYCI :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your background!! Great card! Thanks for joining us @ CYCI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty! I LOVE the fun fall colors and beautiful image! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card and to combine three challenges with it is not easy to do especially after working hard all day long. The window you created fits perfectly with your theme!! Very creative using a different shape for the window.. Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely effects and great paper piecing. Although, as Sarah has already mentioned, we do prefer to see some white space left on our entries.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done combining your challenges and what a super card! As mentioned, don't forget to leave some 'white space' for a Less is More card :)
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roni, only you could work a long, hard day and then come home and create this masterpiece! I am sure that while at work, visions of various techniques danced in your head since you are the queen of multi tasking. I love the demenisional details used to create such a wonderful keepsake that should be framed and become part of your Thanksging decor. Hope all is well. Sending you love! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Roni, I am so beyond happy that you came and played with us in November, Your card is gorgeous and if you can create that after a hard day at work then you are a superstar. Love it, love the colours, love the stamped image, everything! Thank you so much for entering our November Challenge. I hope we see you again for the December challenge Karen P (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must get my gelli plate out! Thank you for joining in with HOC this month! Keep it up!Pat DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!