Monday, April 13, 2015

Club Scrap Challenge - Faux Puzzler & Paper Pieced Herringbone

Hello friends!  I trust you had a lovely Spring weekend where you live.  It was very pretty and only rained a tad bit.  Alas it's back to raining today but at least we had a little reprieve for a while.

Today I wanted to share several cards I made - all in response to Club Scrap's April Technique Challenge...   Hetty was the host of this month's challenge and she chose the "Carpet Tape Chronicals" which was a series of videos centered around using Carpet Tape for various techniques.  There are 5 in total listed and today I have 2 of the 5 to share with you - the Herringbone and the Puzzler....

I made a large piece using the herringbone technique then trimmed it down and had enough for 3 cards...  The pattern paper for the Herringbone pattern is from the Picnic collection.  I have listed the stamps used below each card.

Stamps: Botanical (4/15)

Stamps: Picnic

Stamps: Reunion

The second set of cards were made using the Puzzler Technique but I cheated a bit.  You're actually supposed to stamp the image on 3 different panels then cut them apart and reassemble.  I decided it would be much easier to cut the panels, reassemble them and then stamp.  By doing it this way it would eliminate the possibility of the image not lining up quite right once it had been reassembled.

Stamps: Botanical (4/15)

Supplies: 

IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: Memento Inks - Grape Jelly, Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black; Radiant Neon Ink - Electric Blue; Radiant Neon Pico Embellisher- Electric Blue, Electric Pink; VersaMark; White EP; Memento Markers: Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Bamboo Leaves.

ClubScrap.com: Stamps: Botanical, Reunion, Picnic; Papers: Botanical, Picnic

Other: Sequins, Mini Brads

2 comments:

  1. Roni, these cards make me happy! I love the Picnic kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a FAB set of cards, Roni and I like your cheat idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!