Thursday, April 23, 2015

Club Scrap Artist Team Design Challenge - Botanicals

April's Artist Team Design Challenge for Club Scrap was to choose one or more photos from the 04.15 Botanicals Mood Board on Pinterest.  Let me tell you this was no easy task - take a look at the board and you'll understand what I mean.  There are SOOOOOO many cool pins that it's so very difficult to choose just one!  

As I was trying to decide which card/technique I wanted to use for my inspiration it struck me how many cards had white embossed images as their focal points.  They were all beautiful and rather than trying to select a single card I decided that I would make a group of cards all with white embossing as my focal point(s) and here's what I came up with...



I started off by cutting pieces of cardstock from the kit, stamping various images with VersaMark ink and embossing with white embossing powder and went from there.  I used PanPastels or watercolor paints to enhance each of the panels, added more stamping to some and added them all to cards made using papers, ribbons and embellishments from the Botanicals kit.  

Note: If you click on the word inspiration beneath each card it will take you to the pinterest card that inspired me for each design.

Inspiration - Watercolor paints were added to the background.  I love how the white embossing really stands out on the yellow cardstock panel. 

Inspiration: The embossed oval was rubbed with a variety of PanPastels creating a lovely soft feel to the background.  This piece was added to a brown cardstock card blank that has been stamped with Wedding Dress white Memento Luxe ink.  This ink paired with the brown cardstock creates a chalky finish.

Inspiration: These images were stamped on a pink card panel then a watercolor wash was added here and there.  The ribbons, brads and metal embellishment were all part of the kit.


Inspiration: This purple panel comes from a Cutapart from the Embellishment Pack - the flower was stamped, embossed then I added a bit of PanPastels to create the halo of color.  I did add a few sequins and dots of Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher to finish it off.

Inspiration: This is such a simple card but one of my fav's.  The image was stamped & embossed on a bit of the white cardstock in the kit.  I took my Staedtler Circle Template and added 3 different sized circles with PanPastels.  The sentiment was then stamped with Spiced Chai StazOn ink.  So simple but a very striking finish.


Inspiration: And finally another favorite.  Each of these little blocks were journal boxes from the second cutapart sheet from the Embellishment Pack.  I stamped & embossed a different image(s) on each block then highlighted each block with a different color of PanPastels.  The background strip was created by stamping the leaves (used in the first block) with VersaMark ink which was then dusted with various PanPastels.  

I had so much fun with this months challenge...
if you have time I invite you to take a look at the board 
and have a go at making a card or two or more!

Be sure to check out the other creations for



5 comments:

  1. Awesome collection of cards, Roni and great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, I love the light and easy feel that each card represents. I am reminded of Dandelions on a spring day! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni ~ These are beautiful cards. I love your creativity and how you bring it to life and inspire me. I am all ready to jump in with both feet and make some of these beauties for the precious women in my life, namely my Mom and my Aunt who is going through a very difficult time. What can I use in the place of the PanPastels? I've always wanted to try these but they are prohibitively expensive. I'm off to plunder my stamp collection to find stamps that will be perfect for this project. Again, thanks for helping get me outside of my pretty confining box. You breathe creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks - you can substitute scrapbooking/rubber stamping chalks (sometimes in small squares or circles) which are much more affordable than PanPastels. I have in the past used colored chalk - like for a chalkboard as well! They just take a bit more blending but I have found it's easier to use them on their sides (length wise) rather than like a pencil. The chalk seems to lay down better on the paper that way. HTH and Have fun!

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!