Sunday, April 6, 2014

Watercolor Paper - Fav. Brand?

I am going to do a watercolor paper comparison like I did for the stamping papers and I wanted to ask to see what you are using or if there is a brand  you'd like to see compared.  

At the moment I have the following: 

  • Hero Hues Watercolor Felt Finish 100lb
  • Strathmore Watercolor Cold Press 140lb
  • Canson Watercolor Cold Press 140lb
  • Simon Says Stamp Watercolor
I'm more than willing to buy others but I want to be sure it's something you would consider using.

JLMK either by posting here or e-mail.

4 comments:

  1. I use the Canson 140# coldpress. Not great for stamping on because of the texture if you are looking for good clear images. Stands up well to all the mixed media products that I have used it for. Love all your comparisons. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of your hard work, Roni! I'm a paper snob, so if I'm going to do a watercolor painting I always use Arches, but I use Canson 90lb cold press for images for cards. I usually color with Distress Markers or Tombows. I find some pilling but the colors blend fairly well. I'm always looking for a better alternative. My other watercolor paper for crafting is Strathmore cold press 140lb, so you have that one covered. I think the inherent problem with watercolor paper is the texture. I have Arches hot press paper, but I can't consistently get the beautiful watercolor "look" that I like. I'll be watching for your comparisons!! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the Hero Arts & Simon Says Stamp papers on your list---these are two papers that I've been thinking about trying but just haven't done it yet. Look forward to your comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watercolors papers used most are Swathmore and Canson 140# coldpress . I've alsp have used Arches 140# but not as often as it's rarely on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!