Friday, April 4, 2014

Paper Comparison - Gelatos

I have one final test to share with you on the paper comparison.  I had several folks ask what Gelatos looked like on each of the different papers and how well they blended with water so here you go....

Honestly I was amazed at the differences the paper made.  I simply scribbled a light color and a dark color on each paper just to see how they looked.  Along the right side of each I used my Niji Waterbrush filled with water to try and blend the color a bit just to see how well/easily it worked.  I cleaned my brush after each test so there is no cross contamination of color.

You can see in some of the photos the pilling that occurred with just this very light blending.  Some papers it occurred almost immediately.

NOTE: I did not use enough water for this small test to buckle or warp the papers.  I can't say what each paper would look like with lots of blending or water added.  I would think it would be similar to the Watercolor Test results.




some pilling on the pink.

some pilling on the pink.

Lots of pilling.





Dark colors became VERY light, light color almost disappeared!

some pilling on the pink.


similar results to the La Blanche - dark color became very light, light color almost disappeared.



If you would like to see any other medium tested on these papers please let me know.  If I have it I'll be more than happy to give it a try.

I will be back with a current price comparison as well as where they are available.
Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say these comparisons have been awesome! Thank you for the time you've put into these Roni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. Interesting. How about testing with acrylic paints and those papers? Or have you already done that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do that! I have a couple different types of paint that I'll try out on them.

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!