Saturday, February 8, 2014

XCut Die Cuts - Amazing!

Have you ever heard of XCut Die Cuts?

Well I hadn't until I was browsing through the "retiring" section at 7kidscollegefund.com. (of course they are available other places as well). They are dies by DoCraft which is from the UK.

RECTANGLE PARENTHESIS #1 LARGE XCUT NESTING DIES by DocraftsPETAL POSY XCUT DECORATIVE DIES by DocraftsSCALLOPED HEART XCUT NESTING DIES by Docrafts

I was amazed for one that you could get a set of 4-5 dies for $12.00 - 13.00.  I wondered about the sizes but I decided that for the price I couldn't do much better so I ordered a few.


I got the order yesterday and I have to say I am VERY impressed...  The dies were really nice sized - much larger than the dies in the US which sell for much more.  The largest die in the first set above measures a whopping 4.25x6.5!  Similar die sets from Spellbinders are only 4x5.5" and cost anywhere from $20-25.00!  Other mfg's cost even more!

In addition to the great price and awesome sizes these dies come with a magnetic storage sheet to hold all the dies in place!  How cool is that? 


On the other hand I was under amazed by the size & price of a few other dies I bought....
Cottage Cutz mini Hedgehog, Branch & Mushrooms were 6.00 and they measure 1-1.5" tall!!

The Gear Corner Die from LaLaLand  was 9.00 and it was tiny...less than the 1.5" claim.


Dollar for dollar the Xcut is a far greater bargain than any other dies I have found.
If you have a chance ~ check them out!
They really are a super deal.


5 comments:

  1. I have some X Cut dies Roni and they are fab. Just as good as any of the other thin metal dies that are out there. $12-13 is a fab price they retail at £20 in the UK. Will have to keep an eye open for these in any sales over here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. X-cut have some lovely dies. You should check out the build a scene die sets. They are really fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the build a scene dies you really should use wax wrap in them or they are painful to get out as the bits are small. They really are a good price though, even when not on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will check it out!!! Thanks for the information :) I'm also really not a fan of how much these dies can cost but these dies look like a great deal for the price. I've also noticed lately that I am not a fan of the dies that come with the thin break-away tabs. Talk about a royal pain in the butt!! I would much rather have the magnetic storage sheet or even if the dies just came double-sticky taped to a piece of cardboard. Some of these die companies can really annoy me with the way they package their products. Sometimes it's enough to make me love my die cutting machine even more. Thanks again for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome tip - theese looks like I need them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!