Monday, September 30, 2013

Multi Color Bokeh

Last Friday I shared my version of the Bokeh technique I saw over at SplitCoastStampers which used a combination of Gelatos & Dye Inks.
 
My Bokeh (bouquet) version used Shadow Inks instead of the Gelatos/Dye Inks. 
Well today I wanted to share a Multi-Colored Version!
(told you I thought this technique had great potential!)
I'm still using the shadow inks for color but you could use any inks you have on hand.  I just decided to pull the shadows out because I hadn't played with them in a LONG time.
Anyway, I started out the same.  I stamped my sentiment and focal image on the card first.
I chose 3 colors to work with...Prussian Blue (really dark) a Warm Green (between green/blue) and Olive Green (lighter shade of green).   I choose a dark, medium & lighter color ink to help highlight each other...you'll see what I mean when you see the finished card.
So I started off with a layer of the dark blue dots ....


Then I added a layer of the green blue dots.


Finally I added the lighter green dots.


I wasn't quite pleased with the look so I went back over and added another layer of each color.  I like this version much better!


I stamped the feather on white cardstock using the dark blue ink (since I used light blue for the original image); fussy cut and mounted it on the card with double stick tape. 

Stamp Credits - All Club Scrap

See what I mean about the light/med/dark colors really playing off each other.  Even when you get out to the 3rd & 4th generation dots they play together so well.
I really love this technique.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Love this technique in combination with the feather. Definitely will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, I am so in love with this technique even though I am having trouble pronouncing the name of the technique despite your best efforts to make it simple for us to remember. LOL
    As always, your eye for color is such a gift. Thank you for always sharing a new idea that encourages us to step out of our comfort zones and try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!!Very pretty!!!Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!