Saturday, July 7, 2012

Horse n Around Welcome Slate

Happy Saturday!

Yes I know, I never post on Saturday well, I've been working on something today and I just couldn't wait to share it with you.

We have a new person buying hay that our family was acquainted with when I was a kid.  He lives on his parents farm which has an OLD barn....it either has or had a slate roof ~ can you say WAY cool!!!  Anyway, dh & ds were over there the other day and he gave them a couple pieces of the slate so I thought it would be nice to make him a welcome sign to display at his house or barn.

I knew I wanted to make something with horses because that's what he raises so when Mom and I were shopping yesterday I found a basic horse stencil but couldn't find a welcome sign so I decided to try to make my own stencil. 

I down loaded a cool western looking font and typed out welcome on my word program.  I changed it from a solid font to only a small outline.  I then spent quite a while cutting it all out.



And here is how it turned out....


I'm really quite pleased with it! 
I hope he likes it!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Roni,

    Very cool!!! Slate is so neat looking, especially on a roof after it rains. I'm sure he's going to LOVE his Welcome sign.

    Great job!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! He is going to love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool sign! He'll love it! Like the way the slate peeks through the paint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay! Love that you're horsin' around, Roni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni
    You are one of the most talanted people
    [waves from Tasmania Australia]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwww! What a super job you did! That font is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!