Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mom ATC #9 & 10

Today we're going to finish up the ATC's for our Mother's Day ATC Tin!!

Mom ATC #9 -

I don't know that this particular technique has a name but I love it anyway...

Supplies:

Rubber Stamp (StampersBest)
Clear Embossing Ink
White Embossing Powder
cardstock or ephemera (I'm using vintage sheet music)
Ink Blending Tool
Distress Ink
Collage Image (Altered Pages)
Computer Generated Sentiment

Instructions:

1. Glue desired cardstock or ephemera to your ATC blank.  I like to use vintage ephemera for this particular technique.  I love how the printed text shows through the inks but is muted enough so it doesn't take over the background.


Mom ATC's 022



2. Stamp desired image on the ATC using clear embossing ink.


3. Cover the images with white embossing powder, shake off excess and return it back to the jar.


Mom ATC's 023


4. Heat to melt the powders and let the molten powder cool completely.


Mom ATC's 024



5. After the embossed images have cooled, use the ink blending tool to apply one or more colors to the paper.  Wipe off any excess ink from the embossed images with a dry cloth.


You will notice immediately how  the embossed images seem to pop right off the page!



Mom ATC's 025


6. Finish off the ATC as desired....


Mom ATC's 032


Mom ATC #10

The ATC below was created using the Faux Candy Coat Technique I came up with  a couple months ago.  Follow the link (in the name) to see how it was created.


Mom ATC's 028 Mom ATC's 027


I love how this finished paper shines and shimmers.  It's almost like it has a life of it's own.



And we're done!

Now I know I said I was going to bind my cards but as I was making these cards I liked how I was able to shuffle them around and mess with them individually so I think I'm going to simply leave them loose in the tin. 

1 comment:

  1. Really neat ideas. Maybe the one for #9 cold be considered a resist?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!