Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Distress Marker vs. Distress Stains

Hi All...

Several people have been requesting to see the new Distress Markers colors compared next to the color of the Distress Stains/Inks.   I'm finally caught up enough to get it done today so here you all go....

Some of the colors are off a bit - specially the fired brick, aged mahogany, rusty hinge ~ all of those look much more brown than the originals and there are several that the markers are darker than the originals which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, they are just different.

distress marker comparison 014

distress marker comparison 013

distress marker comparison 012

distress marker comparison 011

distress marker comparison 010

distress marker comparison 009

distress marker comparison 008

distress marker comparison 006

distress marker comparison 007

distress marker comparison 005

I'll have more about them in the next week or so.
I hope to have a few examples made using them.

So, what do you think?
What you expected?  Yes - No?
Do you think you'll be purchasing them?
Love to hear your opinions....
Inquiring minds want to know :)

11 comments:

  1. When these first came out I thought I would not buy them as I thought they behaved like the copic markers that I already own but I think I am going to have to get me some. I saw Tim demo them and the watercolor technique and using them to stamp with is wicked cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, I saw on the forum at ATT that they are having trouble with some of the reds being brown. You are supposed to contact Ranger and they will make it right. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking time time to put together the distress marker/ink comparison chart. Really appreciate seeing the difference in color between the two mediums. Personally I'm a bit disappointed in the poor color matching and wont be investing in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing the comparison! It is very helpful! I may end up buying some, but would be if I specifically needed a color for a project. I really haven't purchased much from the Stains, either. There is an awful lot that I can do just with the ink pads, so most of the time, I wouldn't "need" another form of the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if ever there was an indictment; don't buy picket fence stains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah!!! These are on my forever growing wish list!! Thanks for showing us the difference! My mind has been whirling with ideas since t!m showed us on his blog...can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the chart. I'll make my own if and when Ranger sends the markers to our local store. The wait is forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first saw them I was not going to buy them as I already had invested in copic markers as well as other brands. After seeing them demonstrated and the colors I had to order them.

    Thanx so much for sharing the color charts as they are a really big help. I love the way the marker colors came out.

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw them I was not going to buy them as I already had invested in copic markers as well as other brands. After seeing them demonstrated and the colors I had to order them.

    Thanx so much for sharing the color charts as they are a really big help. I love the way the marker colors came out.

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the color chart. The formulas are a bit different so expected the colors to have some variation. II splurged and got the whole set using an online coupon! Have only a few of the stains but plan on adding more. I have Copics which I'm selling since I'm not really into coloring my images. Prefer the water color and paint techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the color chart- I have ordered the set and am waiting patiently for them..... I cannot wait to use them and see what they 'do' and how they 'act' on paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!