Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Art Journal #5 - Petroleum Resist

Finishing up our set of Petroleum Resist pages today!

If you recall yesterday we left our acrylic paints to dry naturally.....

Art Journal #5 013

After the paint has completely dried you will need to wipe off all of the petroleum jelly.  It is important that your paint be fully dried because you could smear the paint over your resist images during this step.

Art Journal #5 014

And here is what it looks like once the jelly is removed!
You can see how the images I originally stamped over the paper now shows up.

Art Journal #5 017

It's time to add your favorite poem ~ mine is The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.  I would also suggest to write a few lines somewhere on your page telling why you chose this poem. 

Art Journal #5 019

And there you go!
Another fun technique to add to not only your art journal but to cards, scrapbook lay-outs, mixed media projects and more!

8 comments:

  1. Roni -

    This piece is just wonderful. What a great technique. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers!!! great tut. roni..great project..tfs..loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really amazing technique and a beautiful page. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are fabulous. It is so interesting to see your process and learn new techniques. I haven't begun my pages as I don't have a favorite poem that I know of...I need to search. I have gathered my supplies for the stamping and paint portion. Thank you Roni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, super pages, love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is beautiful! What an amazing technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!