Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pumice Distress Ink + White Pigment Pen =

One spooky card!!!!

Someone asked me recently how I used my Pumice Distress Ink.  She had bought it with high hopes but was disappointed how it looked when she tried to use it.  Soooo I told her I would try to come up with a few examples of it in action to maybe spur her on to use it.

This first example was created by simply stamping it on grey cardstock.  As you can see by using the Pumice Distress Ink the images yield a ghostly image in the background.   While they are visible they don't over shadow the sentiment or Mr. Bones.      I also stamped the "angry eyes"  with Pumice as well....peeking over the sentiment...just as a ghost would be if only partially manifested.

3C - Long Legged Beasties

I also used the Inkssentials White Pigment Pen to highlight the bones surrounding the edge of the card and to give Mr. Bones a bit more definition.

All stamps are 3rd Coast Rubber Stamps.

Tomorrow I will have a different way to use the Pumice Distress Ink...
we'll be making stones!

9 comments:

  1. Roni -

    I love how this looks. Thanks for the ideas, great tips.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I love the white pen highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Pumice Stone over Weathered Wood to make gray. I like Weathered Wood for a denim-y look. That's a creepy looking card that is amazing in all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great example~thank you Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best Halloween card I've ever seen! Love the way the Pumice DI has that ghostly look! I know a granddaughter that would flip over this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumice is such a useful colour and use mine a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT Roni! I actually have the Pumice Distress ink pad and, although I thought I would use it a lot, I almost never do. Now I have a new way to get creative with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!