Friday, October 22, 2010

Just For Fun Friday...A little mix

It's Just For Fun Rubber Stamps Friday again and this week I'm giving you a mix!

I couldn't let Halloween go by without at least one more card and the Just For Fun girls and I are also going to be showcasing Just For Fun Rubber Stamps new nostalgic vintage/retro feel  Christmas stamp designs for the next few weeks.  I hope you enjoy the ride :)

This first card is a nod towards Halloween...  Gotta love that drippy goo border punch ;)

JFF - 10-22-10 - Ink Stained Roni 001

Next is my very own sleigh ride for you...  I love making snow banks with a simple sheet of torn scrap paper and a blend of Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky Distress Inks....applied with my Ink Blending Tool of course ;)

JFF - 10-22-10 - Ink Stained Roni 002

And finally ~ one of my favorite new stamps from Just For Fun ~ The Tinsel Tree!  A funky fad from the 50's...this fun stamp is a perfect likeness of those tin foil towers of light.  I especially love this stamp because a few years ago my Mom was on a quest to find one for our very own little Christmas Tree walk in her house (~ we ended up decorating something like 8-10 trees).  I found one for her at a tractor swap meet of all places for just $25.00...quite a bargain from the $50.00-75.00 they were going for on E-bay. 

Today I embossed this tree with Snowflake Embossing Tinsel Embossing Powder from Ranger.  If you've never tried it before I highly suggest it.  Embossing Tinsel is a special blend of colored embossing powder and a complimentary glitter mixed right in.  Lots of fun :)

JFF - 10-22-10 - Ink Stained Roni 003

JFF - 10-22-10 - Ink Stained Roni 004

I hope you've enjoyed these cards today.
Be sure to go over to the Just For Fun blog to see what the rest of the girls have come up with for you this week!!

Have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

  1. The tinsel tree card is beautiful! I love the witch and really like the border punches with it! and the sleigh one is perfect, love the way the background sky is!
    really nice job on all three cards:-)
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also decorate with trees each year, and this tinsel tree card makes me wish I had one for my collection. Love the stamp and the card, but that Halloween card is adorable, and those snow drifts are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni -

    Your tinsel tree really takes me back. We used to have one when we were kids and lived in California. My mom dumped it after Christmas the first year we moved back to New York. I have so many happy memories associated with that tree.
    Your stamps are just gorgeous, and I love the card you created with the sleigh.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Tinsel Tree card is beautiful!! I'm going to have to order some of the embossing powder from Ranger..that is too cool to pass up! I'm getting all excited now for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can find this embossing powder--this looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!