Friday, October 29, 2010

Faux Postage Stamps & Templates

I wanted to share how I created the faux postage stamp card I shared earlier today...

JFF - 10-29-10 - Ink Stained Roni006

All of the stamps and the template are from Just For Fun Rubber Stamps.  They offer a wide selection of faux postage stamp rubber stamps and their corresponding faux postage plastic templates to help you create great looking finished images.

Here's how they work....

Stamp the faux postage outline on your cardstock.  I like to use Archival Ink because I usually color with Distress Inks or Watercolor Pencils.

Faux Postage Stamps 004

Cover the stamped image with the correct template.  This will help with stamping and coloring without harming the template.  You could use repositionable adhesive to keep it in place but I normally don't bother.  It's not difficult to keep it lined up as you stamp/color.

Faux Postage Stamps 005

Stamp the desired images in each cell.  If I'm using stamps that are much larger than a particular area I like to cover the other cells with scrap paper as shown.

Faux Postage Stamps 006

Faux Postage Stamps 007

You can move the scrap paper and stamp the rest of the images as desired.

Faux Postage Stamps 008

Leaving the template in place I first add any background colors I might want to use.  After you are finished with this step you may remove the template.

Faux Postage Stamps 009

Finish coloring as desired!

Faux Postage Stamps 011

Faux Postage Stamps 012

Your faux postage is now ready to be used on a card, scrapbook page or any other fun project you might have in mind. 
These are great for creating fun personalized postcards to send to friends who live far away!!

3 comments:

  1. Roni -

    Thank you for this tutorial! Now I remember it, but its great that I can reference it from your blog in the future. Enjoy your evening!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutprial, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to get some of these templates and small stamps. I love this look...at least when YOU do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!