Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Inkssentials White Pen & Resist Stamping Technique

I can't begin to tell you how many people have told me how discouraged they get when they try to doodle with a white pen (or any color for that matter!!).

It's hard to make it all look great ~ some people doodle all over the place and it's amazing while others ~ myself included has SUCH a hard time with it.

WELL, I've found a way to doodle and it's easy as pie!!!

I promise!

White Pen & Resist Stamping Technique

Here's what you need...

resist doodling technique 001

Inkssentials White Pen (or your favorite brand)

Resist Ink

Rubber Stamp

Dark* Cardstock

*Just a note about the cardstock ~ now I mention dark colored cardstock because the white just shows up so very well and is stunning on darker colors. This technique will work on any color of cardstock ~ other than white of course so it's totally up to you.

Instructions:

1. Ink up your stamp really well. This is VITAL because your stamped image is what you will be doodling ~ remember ~ if areas don't get stamped, they aren't going to be doodled.

resist doodling technique 002

2. Stamp the image and let it dry for about a minute or so. If you try to doodle too soon the inks will fight with each other and you'll get quite a bit of skipping.

resist doodling technique 003

3. Now, doodle! Just follow the lines of the stamped image and go to town...

resist doodling technique 004

and here you go....

resist doodling technique 005

Here is an example using multiple stamps and layers...

Roni - CHA 020

This technique can be applied not only to cards but on ATC's, in scrapbooks, altered books, collage and altered art projects.

The applications are just endless!!

AND

You can finally put that white pen to some good use!!!

Soooo, dig out your favorite rubber stamp, resist ink and that white pen!!

It's your turn to doodle the day away!

7 comments:

  1. I have to try this. I've almost given up doing it on my own. Have you tried the white paint Sharpie? They are great on a lot of surfaces - I wrote on little terracotta pots as labels for my herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Roni - I've not had a lot of success with doodling but will give this a go.

    AND

    A huge thank you for the fantastic set of clear stamps that I received yesterday as one of your blog giveaways

    Hugs Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how many ideas you come up with to make creating so easy. It's just wonderful, and it's why I keep visiting. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever clever girl!!That Inkssentals white pen that you sent me some time back turned me into a white pen fan! I even finally bought another one now that Michaels is selling Tim Holtz goodies! I have some stamps that would make great doodles..gotta go try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this technique, thanks for sharing. I will definitely be using this doodle method as I'm a really bad free-style doodler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great info, i glad to see this blog, such an informative article, Thanks for share this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy,
    I love starting backgrounds for my art projects with resists.

    I'm going to try your resist technique with a white pen PRONTO. Thanks for sharing!

    Peace,
    LuLu
    Celebrating 1st blogoverseray with a giveaway!
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!