Monday, April 27, 2009

Hand Made Paper Examples

Well, since yesterday was such a fine day here in Indiana we ended up spending all day outside. We finished installing the new (to us) chicken house, cleaned it out and filled it lots of little chickens!! We also planted 120 pounds of potatoes and about 7 pounds of onions! Today I also planted some green onions and garlic :) The beginnings of home made salsa! Can't wait....I'm hording the last couple jars I have left from last season.

Anyway, I finally got the examples finished incorporating the hand-made recycled paper I showed you over the weekend.

This paper is so versatile, you can use it just as you would any other paper...cut it, paper punch it, die-cut it, tear it, stamp it, etc.... There is an added benefit to this type of paper that you normally have to pay extra for at the store...it's double sided. Since the paper is made from bits and pieces which come together in layers (when you lift the strainer out of the water) you will end up with some bits that show up on one side and not the other! So if you don't like how one side looks flip it over and use the back!

hm paper001

And here are some examples in use....

Stamped & Trimmed....

hm paper002

Torn from the sheet....

hm paper004

Cut from the edge...

hm paper005

Paper Punched Flowers - these flowers look and feel like Prima's original mulberry flowers!!! Now you can make flowers at a fraction of the cost and you will be able to make coordinating embellishments with the left overs!!

hm paper003

So there you have it ~ hand made paper at it's finest :)

Of course you can do all sorts of other things with this paper...journals, note book covers, use it in scrapbooks and so much more!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful usage on the recycled & handmade papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice applications Roni..ty for sharing...wherever do you get that energy of yours? Sometimes I think you never sleep! Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I *love* the handmade prima-type flower idea. Could never understand why the real thing costs so much - its just paper, right? I am definately going to give this a try. Thanks for the ideas, Roni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!
    I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your examples are so beautiful! You never cease to amaze me, my friend :) I bought some things to make my own screen strainer thing and just have never gotten around to putting it together. Maybe I should stop procrastinating and get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! that jeans pocket is amazing!! Handmade paper is something that I've actually done but mine never looked as good as yours! you've inspired me to pull out my papermaking kit again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!