Saturday, November 8, 2008

Paper Mache Gift Box

Today I have a fun gift idea for anybody on your shopping list...

Suze's Stickles 009

While it does take a bit of time to create it's alot of fun and the results are very cool. To create the box, I covered it with a pattern paper and applied Stickles to accent the existing pattern. I applied one color at a time but that's just so I didn't screw up the sequence - LOL!!

The rim is a faux pewter embossed border. I rubbed stickles over the entire piece and wiped off the excess with my fingers. This also helped to push the Stickles down into all the little grooves. After it had dried I applied it to the lid. Since it was a bit stiff, I used binder clips to hold it in place while it was drying.

Suze's Stickles 010

It looked a bit plain so I added a decorative handle to the top. It's a wire stick pin with a bead and shell piece. I stuck the wire through the lid and secured it on the bottom with a bead & E-6000.

Suze's Stickles 011

There are all sorts of little ideas you could incorporate or change on this box to personalize it for anyone ~ from changing out the papers; adding fancy trims to the edges; using interesting goodies for the handle; etc. Not to mention filling it with fun stuff for the lucky recipient!

Hope it sparks an idea!!

6 comments:

  1. That is really a beautiful container!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiferous! Love it. And, believe it or not, I have some of that faux pewter embossed paper that would make a great border. I love how the Stickles makes the whole piece just shimmer and pop. Well done (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great use of the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift, Stickles are great, Im starting to use them alot, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!