Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ink Stained Sketch #2

Well, we ended up being so busy yesterday I missed posting the examples I made using the Ink Stained Sketch #2. If you remember this weeks sketch featured a monogram letter, open space for photos or stamped images as well as a little spot for a sentiment.

Ink Stained Sketch #2

Without any more delays, here are the goodies....

Sock Monkey - Laugh Often Scrapbook Lay-Out

I LOVE this paper...it is Daisy D's and it is just too much fun! I inked the edges using Broken China Distress Ink & my IBT foams. I painted the letters with Lettuce Adirondack Acrylic Dabber paint and it matched perfectly :) The pics are Bob of course...this was during our backyard photo session trying to get him to do the funny pose for the UTEE lay-out. That's why he was giggling...I kept pleading with and then I said something funny to make him laugh :)

Ink Stained Sketch 06-14-08 002

Celebrate Card

I'm pretty excited about this card...it's made using a photo I took of my Dad's apple tree blossoms!! The "C" is inked using Adirondack Pigment Ink - Bottle then stamped with Shell Pink Pigment Ink. I wrote Celebrate on using the Inkssentials White Pigment Pen. Happy Birthday (Inkadinkado) is stamped using the Bottle Pigment Ink as well.

Ink Stained Sketch 06-14-08 001

Love ATC

A fun collage card made using bits and pieces of various goodies. The letter is a CTMH Chipboard letter I painted with Denim Crackle Paint. Once dry I sponged Snow Cap Pigment Ink into the cracks & wiped off the excess. I added Glossy Accents & Beadazzles to the center of the letter & lower right corner. The flowery heart is from the German Store.

Ink Stained Sketch 06-14-08 003

Dream ATC

My last example is another ATC card, this time the background was created using Distress Inks & over stamped with my favorite mini script stamp. The main image is from Paperbag Studios and was also colored with Distress Inks. The "D" is a shear letter from Maya Road that I inked using Adirondack Alcohol Ink (stream & bottle). I then stamped on the front of the letter using Archival Inks & highlighted with the Inkssentials Pigment Pen! At first I thought it needed more...you know how I can get with embellishments but the more I look at it the more I like it just the way it is.

Ink Stained Sketch 06-14-08 004

Now for a special treat I have a few cards that Karen created using the sketch as well!! Karen not only used the Ink Stained Sketch, she also pushed herself by using pastel colors! Aren't they awesome? Super Job Karen and thanks so very much for sharing them with us all!!!

Karen - Ink Stained Sketch 6-14-08 2

So, there you have a few goodies to inspire you and a fun and easy sketch to work with! Better late then never huh? LOL!!! Well I hope you enjoyed it and give the sketch a try yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is just too funny~I am ROFL! I thought when I read "next week's" challenge would have a monogram and it wasn't describe in the sketch details that meant last week we were doing one sketch without. So sorry cause that was what I did. Now this ol' brain is totally preplexed--but it is okay cause I am very busy learning how to use my ink applicator...many thanks there are plenty challenges with your top 10 to keep me off the street through all these daylight hours....Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I LOVE the sock monkey paper & the way you used it! I'll have to call my LSS tomorrow & see if they have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Roni....the Celebrate card with the flower photo is super-amazing! I love the photo...and the monogram letter over it is gorgeous! Had not even thought of using a photo with a monogram!
    The sock monkey paper is so cute! I think Shannon and Jen had some of that. When I visited Shannon, Elly had on pink sock monkey pj's just like that paper! How cute is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Roni - that Inkssentials Pigment Pen really make all the difference. The places where you use it just POP.

    Oh - and I am back from my weekend away and guess what I FINALLY found?? Yup - Ranger's Pigment Inks! It was at the 4th or 5th store I checked. Yay! I got the black and white, of course. I decided I would treat myself to one color so I picked my favorite - Butterscotch! It's super late (I didn't get home until 11pm), but I am so psyched I am going to give the pads a test run tonight. LOL (btw - I had to go to a LSS, not a larger retail chain to find them, too. In case that helps anyone else on their hunt for these babies.)

    Karen - Aren't you pretty in pink?!? lol I love the cards. They are sophisticated and sweet at the same time. I can't describe it, but they are really stunning. Well done!

    I am going to try my best to do the next sketch. Things are settling down here finally. (I HOPE!)

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phinny,
    When my friend gave me a huge pack of pastel pink and green card blanks and envelopes I thought, "well, guess I need to learn to use pastels now!" I'm just not a pastel person...but I love a challenge!So I combined Roni's monogram challenge with my own..and came up with those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!