Friday, June 20, 2008

Alcohol Ink Examples

Here are the alcohol ink projects I wanted to share with you... I have specified which type of inks are used on each project :)

Poppies -

On this card I wanted to show how adding the white alcohol ink changed the color of the regular alcohol ink. I used Pinata Orange w/White Alcohol Inks for the background and on the poppies I used just the Orange. The sun washed the colors a bit but in person there is a definite difference in the tones.

AI001


Wish -

Here I combined the Ranger Alcohol Inks with the Pinata Alcohol Inks. I used Cranberry from the Adirondack line and Red Chile from the Pinata line. I added a drop on each end of my felt and "swirled" the tool when applying the ink. I used the Extender from Pinata on the pad as well...helped to stretch the time I had to swirl. Made an amazing variation of color.

AI003


Exquisite -

This example again combined Ranger's Cranberry & Pinata's Red Chile. This time I did not use the Extender. You can see the colors are much more intense.

AI006


Snow Bunny

This was a fun ATC! I absolutely LOVE the Sapphire AI from Pinata...it is probably my all time favorite color of Alcohol Ink. The blue is just a stunning shade. I pounced the glossy cardstock several times to add depth to the background.

AI002


Radiant

Here I combined the Sapphire AI from Pinata with Stonewashed AI from Ranger. I love the bubble look I got when I stamped it a few times...the felt was almost dry so it was creating some awesome textures. (the domino is covered in Glossy Accents to protect it...that's why it looks funky ~ the sun gave it an odd look.)

AI007


Remember

My final example is one I made using Ranger's Pesto, Copper Metallic Mixative and Pinata's Green Alcohol Inks. The combination is just amazing adding such depth...looks like there is a forest beyond the garden gate!

AI004


BUT ~ no forest here!!! Just a little fairy reminding you 2 Play!! This is Ranger's Wild Plum and Ink Blending Solution.

AI005


Hope these projects interest and inspire you to give them a try for yourself :)

There really are so very many things you can do with alcohol inks...and each brand are great in their own ways.

So have fun and go ink somethin up ;)

This evening I'll be sharing Friday's 4 for 1 and have a preview of the next Ink Stained Sketch so be sure to check back then!

6 comments:

  1. O M G ! Exquisite is right! (LOL - from the 3rd example) My favorite is the gate with the greens. It looks like a forest in back. Wow. I have that same stamp - from Paper Bag Studios, right? If you don't mind, I am going to pay you the compliment of copying this design. It's just gorgeous!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, as always! See - you really DO need all the colors from both brands, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some wonderful examples with the use of AI!! Love them all!! I need to get my AIs back out and use them..again!! It's been too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The forest one is super!! It really does have such depth! And now I need to search online for the Pinata brand alcohol inks...because that sapphire is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like I need to find a stockist in the uk of the Pinata inks desperately need the whiteand that blue is stunning. Brilliant examples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow luv these i use alcohol ink on my jewelry check it out www.inkboutique.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!