Friday, May 23, 2008

4 for 1 - Every Step - Paperbag Studios

For the very first 4 for 1 I am going to be using Every Step by Paperbag Stuidos! I absolutely love this stamp!! It can be used in a multitude of ways as you will see...

To begin with you can stamp it as is...looks great as almost all stamps do :)

4 for 1 - Every Step - Paperbag Studios002

So what next...well, try adding some glitz to your image! It doesn't matter what it is these days, you can add glitter (Stickles Glitter Glue) to it and ta da!!! You're image has just been "kicked" up not one but several notches!! (Sorry, I had to take this at a funky angle so the background paper didn't reflect so bad...it's embossed in black and doesn't like cameras too well!)

4 for 1 - Every Step - Paperbag Studios004

Say you don't like your image too well...you can ALWAYS hide it behind a layer of vellum! Check this out. I simply printed out my little saying on some vellum and layered it over a whole sheet of stamped shoes!! Notice how there isn't any sentiments with the shoes....this is another little trick you can use. Simply stamp your image onto scrap cardstock, carefully cut around the edge of the image that you want to keep. Use what's left as a mini mask that you can adhere to the stamp with a temporary adhesive right before stamping!

4 for 1 - Every Step - Paperbag Studios003

Get Grungy! Another way to give your stamp a totally NEW look - GO OLD! Stamp on wrinkled, crumpled, distressed cardstock... if that's not enough of a change, sand it, crumble it some more and really make it look decayed! I stamped this pair of shoes on a shipping tag that I had distressed using Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Looks nothing at all like the original image does it!

4 for 1 - Every Step - Paperbag Studios001

So there you have the first installment of 4 for 1!
I hope you enjoy this and get a bit of inspriation to try a little somethin' new with your old stamps!
Here is a sneak peek at next week's first Ink Stained Sketch!
ink stained sketch
The box where the arrow is pointing could be a photo, stamped image, etc. Somewhere on your creation you should incorporate some sort of stamping...could be the main image if it's a card, maybe background stamping for a lay-out...if you're making an ATC...how about a stamped sentiment. Anyway, have fun with it! If you create a little something using the sketch be sure and send me a link or a photo of it so I can include it in next weeks post!
Till then...happy stamping!!

4 comments:

  1. first off--- love the stamp. the Mary Janes are wonderful-- what a cool stamp. and I love how you have changed it up so much. The first and second ones particularly"speak" to me... thanks Roni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it the coolest...I really like it :)

    Thanks sweetie! Glad you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaahhh! The light bulb flickers on... I get it! I can look at any of my stamps and think about how I can use them in different ways. Use as is, use the image only, use a focal image as a background, put new text to an old, standard image, make it glitzy, make it distressed or Victorian or retro....

    Weeeeeeeee! This could be fun!

    ~phinny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mary Janes!! And what a super example of how you can change the look of a stamp by switching colors, technique, and materials!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!