Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Phinny Mail....

Phinny Mail?!?!? LOL...didn't think you'd know what that meant ;)

I had to share with you an awesome piece of mail I received recently. It was sent to me by one of my blogging friends Phinny...I'm sure you've seen her around here from time to time. Well, she joined the ATC swap I hosted on About.com and this is what she sent her creations in....

Front of envie - addy's blacked out of course....
Phinny Envie 001

Back of the envie....
Phinny Envie 002

Close up of the detail....
Phinny Envie 003

Isn't it amazing!! I was so thrilled when I opened my mail box the day it came. I have never received such a cool piece of mail EVER!! It is so me, I just can't express how much I love it :) Needless to say I'm going to be keeping this envie for quite some time! Actually, when I get my new craft room I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall - LOL!!

So, thanks Phinny ~ I really do love it :)

7 comments:

  1. That really is a cool envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I just posted but it didn't show up so if I have 2 posted that's why!

    I LOVE the envelope, it is so cool! What did she use to make it shiny? Was a regular enveloped used at the base?

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow - that must have taken forever to create! But it is so awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is what she did.... I like to work in layers so my pieces will often take several days as I add one or two layers and then let it dry overnight and so on. So that's what I did with the envelope - I decoupaged it in layers. I started with a sturdy shipping envelope and then added layers of vintage torn thesaurus papers and some postage stamp tissue paper. Then I did a wash of Golden Glaze and sunflower and burnt umber acrylic paint. Then I inked with Distress inks and sprayed with Moon Glow mists (from Hannah Grey shop). The last layer was a Krylon top coat spray so the inks don't smudge. Oh - and the label is layers of Mulberry paper and paint pens / Krylon metallic gold pen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great envie! Did she Modge Podge the whole thing?!! What fun to get something like that in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow - wow. *I'm blushing.*

    I tend to go all out in pretty much everything I do, so yup - I decoupaged the envelope. And yup - it did take several days to make, but as you can see - it's worth it!

    I'll repeat the instructions here for those who may not have read all the comments:

    HOW I MADE THE ENVELOPE:
    I like to work in layers so my pieces will often take several days as I add one or two layers and then let it dry overnight and so on. So that's what I did with the envelope - I decoupaged it in layers. I started with a sturdy shipping envelope and then added layers of vintage torn thesaurus papers and some postage stamp tissue paper. Then I did a wash of Golden Glaze and sunflower and burnt umber acrylic paint. Then I inked with Distress inks and sprayed with Moon Glow mists (from Hannah Grey shop). The last layer was a Krylon top coat spray so the inks don't smudge. Oh - and the label is layers of Mulberry paper and paint pens / Krylon metallic gold pen.

    Decoupage is a lot of fun, easy to do and looks really cool. You can also do it on practically anything - paper, wood (furniture), glass, tile, chipboard...! Basically it's just gluing torn papers down with Mod Podge or similar. Try it!

    ~phinny
    (who is still grinning from ear-to-ear!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!